PUPPY BUYER QUESTIONNAIRE
Instructions For Application
- Cut and paste this into a Word Document
- Please Title your *Word Document AND Email Subject Line with your First and Last name
- Send to: Vanstonepuppywaitlist@gmail.com
- Why have you decided that an Australian Shepherd is the best breed for you?
- What attracts you the most about the breed?
- Can you Please describe your ideal dog, including the activities you hope to do with him/her?
- Do you prefer a male or a female? If so, please share the reason why?
- What breeds of dogs have you owned in the past/ is this your first dog?
- Do you currently own any other pets? If so, can you tell me a bit about them?
- Are these other pets neutered?
- Have you ever had to surrender a dog to the pound, give away or put down a dog?
- Have you bred dogs before?
- Are you interested or planning to Breed?
- Please describe your family to me. Number of people, ages of children, who will be the principle care giver for the dog?
- Do you live in a house, Condo, Townhome or apartment? (if you rent, are you certain you are allowed a dog? )
- Is your yard completely fenced with secure fencing, if not, would you be willing to do so prior to bringing the puppy home?
- Are there people home during the day?
- How many hours a week on average would the dog be left alone?
- Where will the puppy be kept while you are away from home?
- Where will the puppy be sleeping at night?
- Have you thought about how you will housebreak the puppy?
- Are you planning to Crate Train?
- Are you Familiar with Positive reinforcement training methods and Marker Training?
- Have you thought about how you will provide adequate exercise and training for an active dog, particularly in the first three years?
- Will you be attending puppy socialization classes?
- Can you describe your thoughts on puppy socialization, are you aware that there is a Critical Socialization period between 8-16weeks?
- Are you planning to attend in person training classes?
- Have you completed any CKC titles with other dogs?
- DO you plan on competing in any Venue with this puppy?
- Are you Aware that puppies require restricted exercise during development to protect their Joints?
- Do you have a veterinarian?
- Do you agree to have your puppy spayed or neutered and submit a veterinarian's certificate as proof of surgery for my records at NO earlier than 12 month is females and 15 months with males?
- Are you financially prepared for the cost of a puppy? (Annual Veterinarian check ups, good quality dog food, medical treatments thought it’s life, see a groomer if/when needed, participate in obedience classes, and in the case of emergency, pay for surgeries, etc.)
- Will you be available to meet me in person before the pups are ready to go home?
Thank you for making it this far, your answers are very valuable to me and I refer to this during puppy evaluations.
- Do you have any additional questions or things you would like to share about your home and hopes for your new puppy?
By submitting this application I am agreeing to wait for a suitable Vanstone puppy and to notify Kim if any changes or need of cancellation would occur.
Vanstone does not take deposited and our waitlist is non binding by either party