PUPPY BUYER QUESTIONNAIRE
Please Cut and paste this into an email and forward it to me at VanstoneAussies@hotmail.com
- Why have you decided to buy a Australian Shepherd and what attracts you the most about the breed?
- Can you Please describe your ideal dog, and the activities you hope to do with him/her?
- Do you prefer a male or a female? If yes, please share the reason why?
- What breeds of dogs have you owned in the past/ is this your first dog?
- Do you currently own any other pets? If so, can you tell me a bit about them? Are these other pets neutered?
- Have you ever had to surrender a dog to the pound, give away or put down a dog? If yes please explain.
- Have you bred dogs before? If yes, please explain.
- Please describe your family to me. Number of people, ages of children, who will be the principle care giver for the dog?
- Do you live in a house or apartment? (if you rent, are you certain you are allowed a dog? )
- Do you have a Yard? Is your yard completely fenced with secure fencing, if not, would you be willing to do so prior to bringing the puppy home?
- Are there people home during the day? How many hours would the dog be left alone on average during the week?
- Where will the puppy be kept while you are away from home? Where will the puppy be sleeping at night?
- Have you thought about how you will housebreak the puppy?
- Have you thought about how you will provide exercise and training for an active dog, particularly in the first three years?
- Will you be attending puppy socialization classes?
- Have you completed any CKC titles with other dogs? DO you plan on competing with this puppy?
- Do you have a veterinarian?
- Do you agree to have your puppy spayed or neutered and submit to me a veterinarian certificate as proof of surgery for my records, no earlier than 1 year old?
- Are you financially prepared for the cost of a puppy? (Annual Veterinarian check ups, good quality dog food, de-worm/flea treatments thought it’s life, see a groomer if/when needed, participate in obedience classes, and in the case of emergency, pay for surgeries, etc.)
- Will you be available to meet me in person before the pups are ready to go home?
Thank you for your interest in Vanstone Aussies,
Kim Van Biert